A little care can go a long way in preserving the look of your B-Modern furniture.
Here’s how you can take better care of your B-Modern furniture.
Wood and Veneer
All of B-Modern’s finishes veneer are natural wood or wood veneers. Wood and veneer are affected by light. For the first 6-8 weeks, when the item is first absorbing the surrounding light, keep the surfaces clear of any objects or decorations. It is possible that uneven light absorption could result in permanent marks and circles. New furniture will also need time to absorb light before it will match the tone of your existing furniture.
- Water is only to be used in small quantities and only in the form of a damp cloth. After wiping, always wipe dry with a dry cloth.
- No polish or oil treatment of any form should be used.
- Wood and veneer are very sensitive to liquids. Therefore, wipe up all spilled liquids immediately.
- Always try to remove stains with the mildest cleaning materials.
High-Gloss & Lacquer Finishes
Damp-dust lacquer & high gloss furniture to prevent dirt from scratching the surface. Wet a very soft, clean cloth lightly and wring it out thoroughly. Wipe off all excess water with a clean, dry cloth to prevent any damage.
A few more tips:
- Keep It Dry: You want to do your best to keep all your lacquered items dry at all times. Water can damage lacquer in a relatively short amount of time. It will leave spots that are difficult to get out later, and if left alone it can remove the finish in these spots.
- Clean with Mild Soap: The best way to clean lacquer is to use a mild soap and warm water. Wring your cloth out so it’s only damp, not dripping wet. Wipe the lacquer down avoiding circular motions. Once it’s cleaned, you want to take a soft dry cloth and wipe any excess water away.
- Protect the Finish: A lacquer finish, though durable, can be scratched. Don’t drag any items across the finish.
- Regular Dusting: Keeping the surface dusted and clean will help prevent these hard particles from building up, and will help you maintain the look of the high gloss. As long as you take preventative action to avoid damage, the finish can last a lifetime.
We make every effort to ship our products in the safest way to ensure that your order arrives to you damage free, yet sometimes accidents do happen along the way. If you receive your order and you see damage, do not worry, we are here to take care of it for you. Here’s what you can do to help:
- Upon receiving the shipment, please fully inspect the carton. If you see any damage to the box at the time of delivery, please note it on the delivery ticket.
- If the product is damaged, go ahead and refuse the shipment. Write “Refused due to damage” on the delivery form and notify the delivery driver that you cannot accept the delivery because it is damaged.
- Immediately notify the dealer you purchased from about the situation. Your dealer will work with us to determine the best solution to meet your needs.
- TV Stands: Most of our TV stands arrive fully assembled. Some simple installation may be required such as screwing the bottom base or legs on or screwing the handles in place.
- Coffee Tables and End Tables: Assembly may be required. Simple instructions are provided.
- Dining Chairs: Assembly may be required. Simple instructions are provided.
- Dining Tables: Assembly is required. Instructions are provided.
Should you have any questions or concerns while assembling your products, we are ready to help!